CLARB+Work experience

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Nelsen
    Participant

Hi all,

Just had a quick question regarding CLARB and work experience.  Can someone please clarify this for me…Only work experience gained after graduating from an accredited program counts toward licensure?  I recieved a degree in city planning in 2007 and worked in the planning field for a year before going back to school for my BLA which i recieved in 2012.  During that time I held several jobs working under landscape architects.  I am assuming none of this counts and only what I have done since graduation will count.  Bummer!  But understandable.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Tosh K
    Participant

It differs by state, many allow licensure w/o an accredited degree, so all of your experience should count (some may be weighed differently).

Check the State of Iowa website.  Based on what I have read I believe your work experience working under a Landscape Architect, doing landscape architectural type work would qualify.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

It looks like it is pretty flexible in Iowa. Write to them to see if the work is “satisfactory”. It looks like you’d still need one year under direct supervision of a licensed LA, though. ….. it beats three.

http://www.asla.org/uploadedFiles/CMS/Government_Affairs/State_Goverment_Affairs_and_Licensure/State_Documents/Iowa2011.pdf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register