Comedy Sitcom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zach Watson
    Participant

There is a new sitcom that will be coming to CBS, it stars Rob Schneider.  Reason for posting this on the L8L is, his character in the show is a Landscape Architect by profession: http://www.cbs.com/shows/rob/about/

Here is a preview for the show is looks like it will be pretty good! http://www.cbs.com/shows/rob/video/2173759968/rob-new-show-preview- 

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

We’re finally on prime time!  Rob’s a funny dude.  You can do it…!

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Get ready for that new image and public perception that we’ve all been longing for!

Douglas M. Rooney
    Participant

Love the photo where you see in the background the old-fashioned drafting board complete with a T-square and circle template. I guess that portraying the way we worked 30 years ago is more “romantic”. At least they don’t have him driving around in his truck with his “mow-n-blow” equipment.

Wyatt Thompson, PLA
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the work truck will be revealed shortly after the pilot. I can’t wait for the episode where Rob’s character hires his illegal immigrant brothers-in-law to run his lawn maintenance crew. That’s the only way to get all the stereotypes that this show plays on out in the open.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Cheech Marin is in it as the father-in-law. Perhaps the great actor that was referenced. I’m disappointed that Cheech is not the LA in the show. Like Katharine, I would prefer an LA prototype that I can personally relate to. 

Zach Watson
    Participant

Katharine, I don’t think the show is based around the foundation that he is a practicing Landscape Architect.  The base plot line for the show is that Rob has married a younger Hispanic girl and his process of trying to become part of the family.  Rob just happens to be a Landscape Architect.  Much like Ted Mosby in HIMYM.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register