cultural landscape

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    al naim jaafar
    Participant

hello..i still new in Landscape Architecture and still learning..i will learn about cultural landscape in my next semester study.did you know what is the cultural Landscape is about?

nca
    Participant

If by ‘cultural landscape’ you mean context-sesnitive design, then yes, I do know what it is about.

I think cultural landscapes are landscapes which identify someting specific and unique abou a given culture and its people. It’s important to take culture into account when designing public space because you want the spece to be meaningful to the largest number of users. People protect things that carry meaning for them, so it is important to imbue some cultural meaning into design of public space so that the space will remain safe, and well-kept.

I hope this answers your question or invokes some further observation.

Thanks for the question..

Nick

Scott Holder
    Participant

A portion of my thesis deals with cultural landscapes. If you would like some excellent reading material about the subject you should look into Cultural Landscapes by Richard Longstreth, Preserving Cultural Landscapes in America by Alnen & Melnick, and Landscape Interfaces by Hannes Palang and Gary Fry.

Another resource that deals with cultural landscapes and time is What Time is This Place? by Kevin Lynch

Hope these help.

-Scott

Ridzuan Sa’ari
    Participant

cultural landscape is sumtn u shud not pay much at10tion i mlaysia..trust me…
    nah..juz kidding….
    http://www.nps.gov/history/nr/publications/bulletins/nrb30/ go downlaod this..this is all u need 4 ur smester 6 bro….
    go n make raziah happy…(sarcastic tone)

http://www.nps.gov/history/nr/publications/bulletins.htm read all of this if u hv d time duh..

n remember me always ^_^

sheezuka
    Participant

….all about principles and guidelines….
    boring.gud luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register