Custom Concrete Curbs/Walls

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tannen Printz
    Participant

Land8ers,

I’m working on a series of rooftop terraces in New York City and I’m underwhelmed with my options when in comes to precast concrete curbing.  I’m interested in finding a concrete fabricator that will help me develop a custom modular system (see attached).  My biggest issue is height.  Hanover makes an 18 inch tall module but I’m hoping to corral off planting areas with 30-36″ soil depths.  Has anyone out there worked with someone to develop a system like this? 

Thanks,

Tannen

beijingreenspace
    Participant

We have designed several GFRC modular planters.  More because of the need for a seamless, double-curving facade than easy modular construction.  Ours was designed to be attached to a steel framework surrounding a concrete walled waterproofed planter.

Personally I prefer concrete or stone as they wear better and ‘feel’ more durable.  GFRC depends too much on the painted finish.  It is very light weight though…

looking at your sketch I am guessing you are trying to achieve a prefab planter wall but I guess I lack enough context to have a feel for whether it works or looks ‘good’.  It does seem kind of large and unwieldy for what you get.

Out of curiousity, why not just use lightweight concrete or brick with a rendered/steel/wood facade?

Wes Arola, RLA
    Participant

I would give these guys a call and see what they can do for you, especially if you’re going to need a large quantity. You could include lighting in the precast modules…

http://www.wausaupaving.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register