Did CLARB get hacked?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian Hochstein
    Participant

I just received an e-mail from someone at CLARB. It is a CLARB e-mail address. However there are plenty of things that make it look like someone is fishing for information. There is not contact information and the link goes to clarg.org not clarb. I went to the correct website and everything seems to be in order. If anyone has a contact at CLARB to verify that would be great. There is also this very fishy line in the e-mail:

While we have done our best to ensure that the transition to the new system is as smooth as possible some of the old data was not as accurate or complete as we would have hoped. Therefore, you may find errors and/or omissions upon your initial log in. If you do, please take the time to make any necessary corrections. If you have difficulty, a staff representative will be happy to assist you with updating your information and walk you through the online application process. But they don’t give you a phone number to call.

Use your own judgement.

Amanda Richardson
    Participant

I also got an email from clarb saying i needed to finish my record and that it was incomplete. i have been a record holder since 2005!

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Take a close look at the link they provide…its CLARG.org, not CLARB.org. And it’s not a typo, as the redirect is the same (i didn’t bother to open it, I don’t need a virus). Also, don’t they already have the exam historys? It’s their exam! Only my last name appears in the e-mail…which is also fishy.

I’m betting they will ask you to update your credit information as well…

Brian Hochstein
    Participant

Good to know that others have received this e-mail. Hopefully they didn’t get any information from anyone.

Brian Hochstein
    Participant

Good news. It just looks like CLARB is terrible at writing e-mails, including major typos like misspelling their web address. They issued a new e-mail clarifying their errors. I would still follow the good advice to type or search out the web address rather than click a link received in an e-mail.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register