Digital Media Workshops

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Cantrell
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I wanted to gauge everyone’s interest and needs when it comes to digital media training for landscape architects. With the release of Digital Drawing for Landscape Architecture we have been hearing from people that there is an interest in workshops that would coincide with the content in the book. We would like to provide as much value as possible for individuals and therefore I am hoping to find out the needs of the community.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the following questions or any others that come to mind. We will be integrating your suggestions into upcoming workshops as well as content on http://lab.visual-logic.com

• What kind of skills do you need help with? Speed, efficiency, aesthetics?
    • Are you interested in specific tutorials? For example, how to create different grass textures, etc.
    • Would it be helpful to see how renderings are created? A deconstruction of another illustrator’s workflow?
    • Integration of digital media within the design process?
    • Software tips and tricks?

I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

-Brad

landplanner
    Participant

Brad:

I attended one of your two day workshops in SF a few years ago, and like everything else that one learns in intensive settings like that, either use it or lose. I have lost most of (perhaps even the CD from the workshop ….can you send me another ?)

In answer to your questions:

I would love to hear your thoughts on the following questions or any others that come to mind. We will be integrating your suggestions into upcoming workshops as well as content on http://lab.visual-logic.com.

What kind of skills do you need help with? Speed, efficiency, aesthetics?

Speed, efficiency and technique. A really good way to offer that is through a sequence of self-teaching tutorials …Can you offer them here on Land8 lounge or on your website ?

Are you interested in specific tutorials? For example, how to create different grass textures, etc.

Yes and Yes.

Would it be helpful to see how renderings are created?

Again staged and sequential “here is how I built it” tutorials

A deconstruction of another illustrator’s workflow?

That would be marvelous….

Integration of digital media within the design process?

Absolutely…. any crossovers to Adobe CS Illustrator/Photoshop and SketchUp would be very helpful

Software tips and tricks?

Bring em’ on.

You could be a regular feature here or provide a link to your website …..

That is my 10 cents.

landplanner

Lauren Weyhrich
    Participant

Brad,

I would like to speak to you about setting up a workshop in Chicago. 

Contact me at emergingprofessionals@il-asla.org

Tosh K
    Participant
    • What kind of skills do you need help with? Speed, efficiency, aesthetics?

speed and efficiency; related to it, adaptability (ease of changes, edits) as part of iterative workflow

• Are you interested in specific tutorials? For example, how to create different grass textures, etc.

very much so to expand on some of those included in the book

• Would it be helpful to see how renderings are created? A deconstruction of another illustrator’s workflow?

I think it would be helpful to see several different workflows, particularly those that include a back and forth btw rhino/3dmax/autocad/vectorworks and adobe cs.

• Integration of digital media within the design process?

Perhaps a little less interested than the other topics (as I feel comfortable with this)

• Software tips and tricks?

This would indeed be helpful/useful – perhaps there should be ongoing threads here on land8?

Mikel Alberdi
    Participant

Hi Brad

It sounds great and yes I think all your points are very relevant. I need help with speed, efficiency and workflows. Also there is lot of information out there for 3ds max which is very expensive software that I cannot afford. It would be good to work on the capabilities of other software such as rhino and its generative plugins such as grasshopper, there is very little information on how to use them in landscape architecture.  

Would you be able to upload those workshops on your website or maybe organise webinars for those who live on this side of the atlantic?

Thanks

Mikel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register