Do you really want to know what theyre thinking?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Do you really want to know what theyre thinking?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    nca
    Participant

‘Architects’ that is….

brace yourself…

http://www.archinect.com

enjoy.

ALEX P
    Participant

Looks like at least some people care about what I do. 

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

was that supposed to be a link to an article, or just the site?

nca
    Participant

Just the site…I wander over there every once in a while, always vowing never to revisit. The e-gos are out of control, kind of funny really.

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

Ha!

Roland Beinert
    Participant

I wonder how many of them are building a Buckminster Fuller blanket fort right now.

nca
    Participant

haha..good one.

nca
    Participant

BTW — I did have to look it up…

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/tag/buckminster-fuller/

**sitting in my BF Fort now on my laptop about to head over to archinect to trash talk the latest architecting du jour…

ALEX P
    Participant
    Jason T. Radice
    Participant

It is very entertaining, especially coming from that world. i think LAs could learn something from them though. We need a bit mor4 agressive attitude and unabashed egotistical bantering. It would be good for the profession. We are too nice.

BTW. Went to the the AIA national convention this week. Never before have so many bowties, sportcoats and ratty jeans, and weird-ass glasses have been assembled in one spot outside of Germany.

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Ha!  Going to have to repost that one… 🙂

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Ya, designboom is dope.

Roland Beinert
    Participant

Not sure we really need more egotism in our profession, but the other thing you see plenty of in architecture that we could use more of is design nerdiness. By nerdiness I don’t mean the tendency to wear bow ties and weird glasses or any of the negative stereotypes associated with word “nerd”. I mean a passion for all forms of design,a love of knowledge and theory, and a desire to share that knowledge and theory with others. I met plenty of people like this when I took a couple of courses in the architecture dept. at U of I. Obviously, you run into more design nerds on a college campus, but I met some when I was working as well. They are usually very likable people, with whom you can have really interesting conversations. They’re also the sort of person who comes up with ideas like Buckminster Fuller blanket forts.

ida
    Participant

I like architects and their nerdiness, though they can be condescending at times, but it comes from their passion in design. I hate it when LA’s look down on people like them like we are somehow better.

nca
    Participant

LA’s looking down on architects? Where do you work? Just kidding…

Try this experiment when youre bored: Go to archinect, register a user name, and post something (anything) landscape related and see what kind of responses you get. The best is if you tell them you do planning. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register