EMI- Engineering Ministries International Projects?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION EMI- Engineering Ministries International Projects?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nca
    Participant

Has anyone participated in one of these projects?

How was your experience? How did you manage the costs, etc?

I’m interested in potentially participating, but have little understainding of the timeline (are you there for weeks, months, years, typically?) costs, living arrangements, expectations, etc. As I understand it, these projects are basically international volunteering opportunities, correct? Is there any way to earn sponsorship in these types of projects?

http://emiworld.org/

Thanks

Sam Wirth
    Participant

Nick,

I just was made aware of your post here, and realize that its several years old, but thought I would respond just in case you were still considering the opportunity to work with EMI at some point in the future.

I was a summer intern with EMI in 2008 out of their Colorado office and had the opportunity to travel to Africa twice with them to work on projects. I have since also worked from home on a project designed in Liberia.

It is a phenomenal opportunity that I would highly recommend. The experience you will gain is priceless.

Overall, it is basically a international volunteering opportunity.  The costs, timeline, living arrangements, expectations all vary on a per project basis and your availability.

Personally, I managed the costs by applying for and receiving scholarships and support from friends and acquaintances. People are generally excited to be a part of supporting you in pursuing opportunities with organizations like EMI.

Please feel free to message me if you have any other questions 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register