First computer designed parametric landscape?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums TECHNOLOGY First computer designed parametric landscape?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Longman
    Participant

I ran across this project at another site.

http://www.archdaily.com/203596/video-parametric-romantic-garden-subarquitectura/

Is this the first computer assisted parametric landscape design?  Does anyone know of any firms using parametric design in their practice or know of any other examples?

As this appears to be an architectural firm from their website, are architects the ones leading the way in parametic landscape design?  Should they be?

Richard Longman
    Participant

So I went to a lecture on Landscape Urbanism by Charles Waldheim.  He showed several examples of landscape student at Harvard GSD using parametric modeling.  Is GSD the only school dipping their toe into this field?

Tosh K
    Participant

I’d have to assume Penn, with their love affair with Rhino would be involved as well as a few of the more “digitized” schools.  It seems building architects have been more involved digitally and are more actively pursuing this way of working.  Personally I feel that landscape architects are more consciously aware that the parameters we work with are far less “calculable” and understood, making this method of working more challenging at best and reflective of our species hubris at its worst.  As an aesthetic it’s fine, the functional elements are what makes me wonder (do we really want to design watershed and stormwater system this way?  Maybe fitting an adaptable infrastructure into existing city grids can be accommodated this way).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register