Follow up to Interview

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Justin W. Lee
    Participant

Okay, you want new blood; Here is my first post:  I had an interview for a designer/ position about two weeks ago.  The owner and I talked for about 30-40 min and I also talked with the operations manager.  I got a good vibe from both guys and I felt I had a good interview with both guys.  The owner says he was impressed, we shook hands, and he said he’d be in touch in about to weeks.  I’m super psyched to have the opportunity to even interview for a new job in this economy and I don’t want to screw up my chances so my question to the Lounge is this……how should I follow up without seeming desperate/pushy, and what can I do, if anything, to help my case (if it’s not too late).  Thanks for your help!

Rachael Strickland
    Participant

After the interview, did you send a thank you letter?

Jonathan Smith, RLA
    Participant

Yes, a thank you letter is a good “By Mennen!” 

nca
    Participant

You are desperate, it’s OK, everyone is. They already know that.

You dont want to be pushy..you DO want to be persistent, and they should appreciate that.

A thank you email or mailer note is a good idea immediately after an interview, but it’s never a bad idea to call and say hello.

Good Luck!

Justin W. Lee
    Participant

I’m writing the letter now….lol

Jacob E. Rohde
    Participant

My job interview process took a couple of months before I was asked back to do some ride alongs.  I made sure to call back to check in with them atleast once a week until I got a response.  Even after the ride alongs I still had a week or two of calls before I was finally hired.

Justin W. Lee
    Participant

thats a little encouraging

Justin W. Lee
    Participant
    michael damico
    Participant

Justin, how did it end up for you? (if you don’t mind me asking…)

Justin W. Lee
    Participant

hey, no it’s cool…….I called back and just got the run around every time. So it didn’t end well but I did just start a new job and its going well so all is good. Thanks for asking

William Belcher
    Participant

an insightful hand written thank you note (in your best script) to all parties involved is always the best bet. best of luck.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register