GMO – Obama’s Justice Dept. finally questions Monsanto

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION GMO – Obama’s Justice Dept. finally questions Monsanto

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trace One
    Participant

I was extremely heartened today to read that the Monsanto Corp was finally being questioned for anti-competitive practices….GMO, Roundup, have been running our agricultureal department for years, to the detriment of the environment…Monarch butterflies are significantly impacted by GMO, which eliminates the remnant Jimson weeds between the farmed rows, so the monarchs are left with actually nothing to eat..Monsanto has been buying and influencing all studies on the effects of GMO crops..I think the most recent study linked GMO crops to organ failure in rats..

Roland Beinert
    Participant

About time. It’s not just their environmental impact that gets to me. The things the large corporations do to farmers are pretty nasty sometimes.
    I just saw Michael Pollan speak at WSU a couple of nights ago.

Boilerplater
    Participant

I imagine you saw Food, Inc.? They had a part about Monsanto’s actions. Infuriating. Yes, let’s genetically engineer pesticides into the foods we eat. It’s not like we’re drinking glyphosate or something.

Trace One
    Participant

didn’t see Food, Inc. yet – it’s on the list! I really got upset reading how they are warping studies on the effects of GMO seeds…It’s reallly almost too late – they are everywhere, and in everything….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register