Good Book Reference for the Landscape Practice in Australia

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Good Book Reference for the Landscape Practice in Australia

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dlf
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone come across some books which especially fit into the Australian Landscape Practice?
    Would be love to hear some recommendations, could be on the topic of:
    – Contract Admin
    – Fee Proposal Estimation
    – AILA registration test preparation
    – Landscape Details
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    King

dlf
    Participant

Thanks Damian!

It is extremely helpful especially the members handbook. I read through AILA website for a few times but have not even realize such things existed.

Just out of this topic, I assume you have gone through the AILA registration process. Do you have suggestion on the registration preparation, other than the members handbook?

any specific area I should pay attention to?

My seniors in the small office are not really helpful on this, so I am quite frustrated for the current situation as I am planning to get registered in the next two years.

Thanks.

King

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Are you a graduate or have you been practicing for awhile?

dlf
    Participant

Hi Fox,

have been in practice for two years, perhaps much more if my causal working experience is counted

but I would still call myself as a graduate landscape architect due the fact that I am still lack of experience in most of the expertise especially project admin stuff

Cheers,

King

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Download the guide to registration, it should help you out with registration stuff
    http://www.aila.org.au/membership/reg-info.htm

It looks like you have the minimum work experience though just the bare minimum. you would need to go through mentorship though

dlf
    Participant

Thanks for your advice.

You are right. It is a bare minimum. and People said it’s hard to get it through if I just have two years working experience.

That’s why I am trying to further solidified my skills by asking for some books recommendations. I do competitions and free lance work but it ‘s still not enough especially with those project admin things.

I would think advice from the professional here like you and Damian would help me a lot.. not only for registration but for my further career and expertise.

Cheers,

King

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Well, Skillwise i think that is where the mentorship comes in which takes another year. I am not to sure of any books that would covers admin, fee proposal etc. but there are many people practicing here who aren’t registered so it isn’t a huge deal anyway. though recommended.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register