Good state to get licensed in?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I work in California. I am taking the last section of the LARE in December. I am looking to get licensed in another state before I take the CSE (I am going to take some time off before I start studying again for the CSE). What is a good secondary state to be licensed in that doesn’t have an additional test or experience requirements? I don’t want to reverify experience or get letters of recommendation – just pay an application fee and get licensed. I know Mississippi is this way. Any other states? Seeing what my options are.

Leslie B Wagle
    Participant

I think quite a few don’t have additional tests but the ones I am familiar with ALL want some record of experience and references (even if not a letter itself). Just like applying to jobs, it’s something you may have to just put up with, so get it streamlined to be as little burden as possible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m a bit bias here…..but, I think TEXAS would be a good State to have an LA license. No Test required.
    I believe a minimum of (2) years of experience…..to get reciprocity from another State. Several LARGE cities and a lot of work – strong economy.

FLORIDA is another good state for an LA license. BUT, they have a “State of Florida LA License” that’s supposed to be pretty challenging. I think maybe, Florida is “trying” to keep the competition out of Florida. Many Americans are moving down to Florida…so, lots of current and future design work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register