Greenroof Turfgrass

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Gazzo
    Participant

You said it there. The conditions vary on this project between the north and south side so exposure to the elements has driven the majority of our design decisions. I have two calls into Cornell (no response), I am going to contact Rutgers today as they developed a mix named Predator that may be feasible.

I will let you know how that goes.

Jordan Lockman
    Participant

Did you find anything further about the thin soil with turf?

Timothy Gazzo
    Participant

Hi Jordan,

I spoke with a professor at Rutgers – and ended up adjusting the layout – to provide an

even 6″ of soil depth. I havent finalized the species of Turf Grass though but I did narrow it down to a fescue mix (hard, fine, creeping and red).

I did happen to speak with the rep at Liveroof about the Bella Bluegrass – they offer it in their build-up. While it appears is everything they claim (low growing, self repairing, beautiful color, etc.) it is not necessarily meant to be utilized as an active lawn. That was essentially what I got out of the conversation. It looks like a great product though.

In case anyone is interested, LiveRoof’s green roof modules have been wind tested and rated with 2 of them being acceptable under the ANSI RP14 for ballast.

http://www.liveroof.com/?page=ArchitectureEngineering

Jordan Lockman
    Participant

We have used the Live Roof Trays before and are quite happy with them. Have not tried turf however. The live roof trays work really well on smaller roofs where you just want an easy system installed and are more for looks. On bigger roofs with more active use it is nice to have a little more flexibility that you can get with an intensive green roof system.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register