Help with my MLA Thesis Survey

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums RESEARCH Help with my MLA Thesis Survey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ava Baptiste
    Participant

I am a graduate student in the Department of Landscape Architecture at the School of Architecture at Florida A & M University. My thesis entails an investigation of the growth and character of coastal communities. As part of my research I am conducting a brief survey of Landscape Architects, Architects, Developers and other professionals who would be involved in community growth and development.

This survey takes the form of a series of statements for which the response is the degree of agreement from a scale of 1 thru 5 and a series of pictures for which the rate of preference is from 1 thru 5 and a few demographic questions as well. It is often found that the personal opinions of the designer and that of the clients and not necessarily the same. Therefore, in filling this survey I ask that you base your responses on what you believe is the response that a potential client would give and not your own opinion. It only takes 10 mins to fill out and no personal information is required.

The PDF of the survey is attached or you may folow the link below to find if on the WEB.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18216903/Visual%20Preference%20Survey%20-Pr…

Once this if filled please return a PDF copy to avabaptiste@comcast.net.

Thanks for you help.

Ava.

Ava Baptiste
    Participant

It was just brought to my attention that I did not say PLEASE…i am so sorry! There is no compensation other than knowing that you helped to advance the knowledge of designers and developers of the ever growing coastal communities.

Please help with the survey as it is an integral part of my research.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

I live in a coastal community. I’d like to help, but very few of your examples resemble much of what are typical or typically sought after looks up here. Because of that, I don’t think I can be helpful to your survey. It looks very regional and because of that, very limited to participation of people from your region.

Ava Baptiste
    Participant

Thanks Andrew,

Your opinion matters even though you are not from the region. If you aproach as if a client in your area were to develop or move to a coastal area in Florida, what do you as a designer believe that client would be looking for. 

There are specific characteristics within each construct and staments that will help identify what a coastal community in Florida should look and feel like to people who do and do not live in the region.

I hope this helps clarify that all opinions matter

Ava.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register