High Line part II now open

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason T. Radice
    Participant

See article for details and some trivia:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/06/07/secrets-nycs-aerial-park/

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Now I have to go to NYC again…

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

I was just up a few months ago, so I’ll have to see just how cheap I can get a ticket on the MegaBus. My record is $13.50 round trip from Baltimore.

David Lorberbaum
    Participant

I couldn’t believe it was opening on the day after we left.  I was there this past weekend with my wife, Mom, and sis.  It was my first time being back in NYC in 5 years.  O well, I guess I will just have to take another trip in 5 years.  I was able to get a few pictures of it though.

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

I’ve never had a problem with it. You just need to make sure you leave adequate time to get there early to wait in line (yes, there are lines), and for the trip. Into NYC, there always seems to be some sort of delay at the Lincoln Tunnel. I’m never on a schedule, so it doesn’t bother me. They have free WiFi and most seats have outlets. Another reason to get there early, many of the busses only have one outlet per set of seats, at the window seat. You also need to figure out where they drop you and pick you up, often in two different locations. Once you get there, you ask the dudes where the line for  (time/location) is. Its been cheap, quick,  and painless for me, and many of my friends have been taking it lately.  I always drive to Philly from here…so I can stop for a cheese steak.

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

I’ll have to give that place a try. I usually frequent Tony Lukes…its just off 95 headed out of downtown, and their hoagie style is my preference (with the lettuce, tomato and mayo…plus, their bread rocks)

Tosh K
    Participant

Much prefer part I.  Now that they got the water feature working that part has a nice variation of spaces.

The canopy walk is nice and the idea of the lawn is neat, but the rest seems rather forced – they must have rushed some parts b/c the stain job on the decking is pretty bad.  

Still trying to figure out why it’s so freaking expensive… it can’t be just the fancy perennial varieties…

Trace One
    Participant

Youtube has a  really interesting lecture, I think from April of this year,  that Corner gave at USC on the High Line – gives a much better feel for it than these articles, if you can’t get there..

It’s called “James Corner Recent Works” – really worth the watch, IMHO..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register