Hunting

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yet you’re still here on Land8 spewing negativity. Maybe you should find a nice hobby.  

I didn’t start this thread to engage hostility…I genuinely wanted to know…

Pat S. Rosend
    Participant

Good Luck with your search. I work for a Park Authority also and always worry about stability. We are lucky in that politics drives park openeings, so our group (planning and development) always has plenty to do. We are operating at almost half staff these days. Operations has been decimated.

The other half of our group is paid for by bond funds, so no bonds-no work.

Wes Arola, RLA
    Participant

You’ve gotta branch out to other fields who are looking for graphic design, rendering, modeling, and drafting services if you are looking to ‘hang in there’ for the time being and still build your resume. The harsh reality and key to finding a job these days it to drop your standards and be willing to relocate.

Wes Arola, RLA
    Participant

Will work for Coors Light.

very nice!

Craig A Raines
    Participant

What people forgot that landscape architects with their training and big picture visions and adapt and prosper under any circumstances…………EYES ARE ALWAYS WIDE OPEN and taking everything in….Its who we are

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Sounds like you had design process drilled into your head instead of sustainability and technology, Craig!

Cara McConnell
    Participant

Did I attack anyone here on a personal level? Did I miss something? Or did I offer “my” personal opinion. I realize people are edgy because of job security, but puhlease remain civil.

Did I say I was an RLA. My profile reads Designer, right? I should ask you that question, but don’t really care which way.

http://land8lounge.com/forum/topics/nonrlas-using-the-title

Craig A Raines
    Participant

The design process for me is all inclusive of sustainability and I am such a techno geek that i am always searching for new tools to present and acutualize my process and ends. 

Sustainability is such a buzzword today….I have always gone to great lengths to have my projects work in a sustainable manner…it sort of goes hand in hand with how a la should look at the land

Craig A Raines
    Participant

No…..I enjoy it immensely. People get on the defensive way to quickly ( myself included at times) and we all need to chill…..besides the mothership has landed and i am receiving signals that it is time to board..

From now on instead of being landscape architect i proclaim myself as a dissident soviet cosmonaught.

Craig A Raines
    Participant

Develop a non profit.

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

sometimes it’s hard to turn it off…

Craig A Raines
    Participant

tell me about…..it drives pretty much all components of my life….its to the point where its just who I am…….and I couldn’t be more pleased.

cr

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Seven of the 42 jobs listed on ASLA’s Joblink are in the DC Metro Area  … 16.7%

Wes Arola, RLA
    Participant

and check craiglist! some firms are too cheap to fork out the benjamins to post on asla

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register