I-Park Accepting Applications for 2019 Architecture/Landscape Design Residencies

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums ANNOUNCEMENTS I-Park Accepting Applications for 2019 Architecture/Landscape Design Residencies

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    I-Park
    Participant

I-Park is now accepting applications for its fully-funded four-week autumn residencies (in rare cases, two-week residencies can be arranged). This multi-disciplinary program is open to architects and landscape architects/designers looking to enrich their practice in a collegial, retreat-like setting – in the company of artists working in visual arts, creative writing, music composition/sound art and moving image.

Located within a 450-acre nature preserve in rural East Haddam, Connecticut (U.S.), I-Park provides residents with private living quarters in a renovated 1840s farmhouse, a private studio, meals program, well-equipped workshop and a modest library – as well as creative access to I-Park’s expansive grounds. Residencies are self-directed, undisturbed and non-judgmental. You decide what you’re working on and when.

Residents can use their time at I-Park to work on commission projects, competition proposals, dissertations, model building or theoretical investigations – freed from the constraints of a client, budget or even an obvious purpose. Or they may simply take time to explore new directions in their professional careers, re-familiarize themselves with simple materials or observe the creative practices of the fine artists in their midst.

Details and application forms are available at i-park.org. Applications are due May 20, 2019, and carry a $35 fee to help defray the cost of the selection panel. This year, I-Park will also be offering $500 travel grants to six international artists. For further information, contact info@i-park.org or 860-873-2468.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register