IFLA World Congress, Brazil

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Antoinette Raimond
    Participant

Anyone attending the IFLA World Congress in Rio de Janeiro in October 2009?

If so, what do you understand under the theme namely: Green infrastructure- High Performance Landscapes?

David Gibbs
    Participant

Brazil! here we come…

David Gibbs
    Participant

hmmm. surely this is connected to green Engineering and green Architecture: creative low-embodied energy solutions and responses to the challenges of our built enviroement/ challenging ‘conventional’ responses?

Antoinette Raimond
    Participant

Well, for me ‘green’ means an ecological approach. So in other words it will be: ecologically sound infrastructure, which relates to suistainability (Not that suistainability should be a category we try to achieve. It should inherently be part of our projects, it is not something you consider but apply).

Eric Papetti
    Participant

Yep! Certainly plan on going, although I haven’t registered yet….not employed right now so it’s kind of expensive to manage on my own. But that title….is a bit vague. I feel like “Green Infrastructure” is kind of a catch-all phrase.

Kevin J. Gaughan
    Participant

I would really love to go, but it doesn’t look like it is in the cards this year. Anyone know where IFLA is headed to in 2010

Antoinette Raimond
    Participant

Apparently IFLA is heading to China (Suzhou) in 2010, and then Switzerland (Zurich) in 2011, and SOUTH AFRICA (CAPE TOWN) in 2012!!!

Antoinette Raimond
    Participant

We (the first year MLA students at UCT) want to go as well but we are still working on getting enough sponsorship to finance the trip.
    Green Infrastructure might be a ‘catch-phrase’ but the nature of landscape architecture is all encompassing or tends to be.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register