Interesting in light of recent conversation about women and career advancement

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Interesting in light of recent conversation about women and career advancement

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Heather Smith
    Participant

For the women that have children and feel like your career stagnated. Do you have any ideas on what you could have done differently? Sometimes I wonder if I should go to school for an MBA as a sort of bridge between staying at home and working. Going to school is a lot more flexible…then again, the thought of student loans is just…blech.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

That sister-in-law of mine kept her resume going by working part time for non-profits at a high level. She wrote grants, put together events, solicited donations, and managed other volunteers. She did not make much money (sometimes none), but it was better on the resume and built more high level connections than working the grocery store.

Heather Smith
    Participant

I think there are a lot of opportunities like that around here. I did begin learning grant writing when I worked at the City and would have liked to become more proficient.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

I very good friend of ours is the Chief Volunteer at Trinity Moscow Food Pantry, if you are interested in what they are doing. Shoot me an email if you want to connect with her.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register