Justin Herman Plaza

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Photo by: Mike Fitzhugh

I am doing a research project on Justin Herman Plaza. Does anyone have any info that they could pass along?

Thanks in advance!
    Andrew

Ryland Fox
    Participant

Halprin. But the most interesting part of the plaza (to me) is that it is the birthplace of modern skateboard. Though they called
    it EMB. From about 1990 until about 1994 it was where anything innovative in skating took place. Basically a mecca where every
    skater dreamed of going. It had badass locals though who hated T-dogs. Anyways, it is legendary.

Then it became a bust and was patrolled by cops all the time and then it was remodeled into its current state. Interestingly, Halprin said that he wasn’t consulted at all on the remodel.

Jason Edwards
    Participant

i actually did a paper on this particular plaza. let me get home and see if i can find it on my personal computer and i can email it to you. it may help, it may not, but its worth a shot.

Scott Reese
    Participant

Mike –

Are you still engaged in this project? I was formerly responsible for the management of Justin Herman Plaza and may be able to provide you some information in that regard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register