Knoxville, Tennessee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Simmons
    Participant

I’m going to Knoxville this weekend to visit my partner’s mom. I’ve never been to downtown Knoxville and was wondering if anyone knows of any interesting gardens or public spaces in the Knoxville area?

Dean Hill, ASLA
    Participant

Hey Mark…
    Hmmm…downtown Knoxville, well about the only thing downtown is World’s Fair Park. This is also where the Sun Tower??? is located. For some reason, the World’s Fair was held in Knoxville back when. There is a very nice botanical garden not far from downtown that is owned and operated by UT. Other than that…a couple of bars, a couple of so-called clubs and the university. The one thing that Knoxville does boast is some of the nicest, friendliest and most hospitalbe people on the face of the planet!

Mark Simmons
    Participant

Thanks Dean,
    I’ll try to check out the botanical gardens this weekend when I go this weekend.

Dean Hill, ASLA said:

Hey Mark…
    Hmmm…downtown Knoxville, well about the only thing downtown is World’s Fair Park. This is also where the Sun Tower??? is located. For some reason, the World’s Fair was held in Knoxville back when. There is a very nice botanical garden not far from downtown that is owned and operated by UT. Other than that…a couple of bars, a couple of so-called clubs and the university. The one thing that Knoxville does boast is some of the nicest, friendliest and most hospitalbe people on the face of the planet!
    Mark Simmons
    Participant

Hey Dean,
    You were right about the small botanical garden at UT Knoxville. It was charming. And you’re right , the people were incredibly friendly. It was refreshing. We didn’t get to see much else in Knoxville, I’m thinking of moving there temporarily for personal reasons, and am looking in the MLA program at UT.
    Saw the Sun tower. Not sure what that’s all about. Guess I’ll find out soon enough.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register