Land8 Chat Room

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Anders, PLA
    Participant

I have only been a member of the lounge for a few days now, but I noticed the chat room is rarely ever used. I have colleges in other disciplines (3d modeling, graphic design, software programming) who use chat rooms quite often to express ideas, ask questions, and give advice in real time. You can go on into these rooms at any time to find relevant dialogue taking place. I have been looking everywhere to find a similar room where LA’s and designers can share information and from what I have seen, this is the first of its kind. It is a great tool and it’s right here! Our profession thrives from this type of open dialogue and it can’t get any easier than this. Sooo let’s chat it up!

usually there is a Friday Chat at 9 AM PST.

Matthew Anders, PLA
    Participant

I’m trying to encourage an “everyday” general chat. What do the Friday chats usually entail?

Andrew usually picks, you will get an email here in an hour or so regarding what the topic is and to remind you to log on to chat.

Ryan A. Waggoner
    Participant

Hey Matthew,

Like Jeffrey said, we do a weekly Friday chat and the topic is usually picked from one of the forums that have raised alot of discussion.  It’s a great place to speak to LA’s and designers about important topics.  Another cool part about the chat that I’ve found is that after an hour or so of chatting on topic, many stay on and talk about anything they want to talk about.  Many of our chats have lasted several hours, and they’ve become one of my favorite times of the week.  Hope you join us!

Matthew Anders, PLA
    Participant

Man I would love to! Unfortunately we have reduced hours at our firm which results in a half day on Friday. Since I am on the east coast that means I am gone or close to gone when the chat starts. blarggg….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register