Landart

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ernst Glaeser
    Participant

A LITTLE Awareness!!!

i

Rate This

Quantcast

Street arts and design are the most effective way to draw people’s attention in streets, parks, public plazas. People spend more time in well-designed urban spaces and these places are more desirable place to walk and stay. Sometimes adding some fun to urban space creates liveable environments for people.

With their Bug Memorials project, Carmichael Collective wants to raise awareness by installing little memorials at places where an insect has died. The bug memorials can be considered part of a micro intervention trend that wants us to experience the city a little better.  The purpose of this installation is to make people stop, stare, and in that moment become aware of their surroundings. passing a bug memorial on one’s  way would change the focus.

Bug_Memorial

Bug Memorial

Bug_Memorial

Bug memorial

Bug-Memorial

Bug memorial

Another project is pothole gardener. This is a project which is a part of Steve Wheen’s masters in Design. In this small gardens some miniatures are used and different concepts are created in potholes on streets.

Pothole garden

Pothole garden

Pothole garden

Pothole garden

Pothole garden

Pothole garden

Pothole garden

Pothole garden

Images are from http://thepotholegardener.com/ and http://www.carmichaelcollective.com/Bug-Memorials

Greg Byrer
    Participant

Love it.

Coordinates
    Participant

I personally admire the idea of embellishing the street walls, and even roads with some artistic works, as it can make our surroundings more pleasing. I stay in Bangalore, India, where the local government authorities have implemented the same idea, and made flyover walls and regional compound walls to look very appealing by painting them with some good paintings. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register