Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects › Forums › GENERAL DISCUSSION › Landscape Architecture Jokes
- This topic has 1 reply, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 11 months ago by Meredith Sessions.
February 2, 2009 at 6:54 pm #175312
Heard any good ones?February 2, 2009 at 6:56 pm #175343
I brought a psych major friend of mine to a party with a bunch of LA’s. She wandered off to get a beer, and came back with an alarmed look on her face. She whispered, “Who is this Larry guy and why does everyone hate his guts?!”February 2, 2009 at 6:56 pm #175342February 4, 2009 at 8:28 pm #175341Gil LopezParticipant
Reposted from first cultural industries:
Architect, Landscape Architect, City Planner, or what?:
Choose the answer that best completes the sentence.
a. are good for hiding a poorly designed part (or whole) of a building.
b. are an essential part of the environment.
c. keep the air fresh and clean.
d. make a decent building material.
e. are an annoyance.
f. look good.
a. vital to the spirit.
b. vital to life.
c. to be shared.
d. a type of electromagnetic radiation.
e. required to do work.
f. a luxury.
An ugly building is one that is
a. poorly proportioned.
b. lacking in vegetation.
c. not in harmony with its neighbors.
d. lacking in maintenance.
e. in need of a renovation.
f. out of style.
An empty lot
a. ought to have something built on it.
b. could make a good park.
c. is a potential crime magnet.
d. makes an impromptu parking lot.
e. is easy to work with.
f. a waste of space.
A hundred-story building on a small Pacific island would be
b. disasterous to the environment.
c. out of scale.
d. hard to have a proper foundation.
e. a logistical nightmare.
The most important room in a house is
a. the living room.
b. the garden.
c. the kitchen.
d. the basement.
e. the bathroom.
f. the bedroom, or more importantly, the number of bedrooms.
If your choices were mostly
a. You’re an architect. While your designs may be visually stunning, chances are that is all they are.
b. You’re a landscape architect. With designs both ecologically friendly and attractive to the community, landscape architects are well recieved by all people except Architects. Too bad there’s this thing called rain.
c. You’re a city planner. You actually understand that a site does not exist in a vacuum and ought to fit into its context. Unfortunately, there’s very little you can do about it.
d. You’re a civil engineer. Your designs are solid and work, as they follow the best way of solving the problem. Fortunately there are architects to mess things up so not everyone’s living in a box.
e. You’re a contractor. You don’t really care what’s being built, only how it’s built. Or maybe you don’t care much about that either.
f. You’re a developer. You actually get stuff built that 99% of the population finds agreeable. Too bad the other 1% just happen to be the people in the neighborhood where you’re building.February 4, 2009 at 8:29 pm #175340Gil LopezParticipant
More from Odlandscape:
How many landscape architects does it take to screw in a light bulb?
-We have a very qualified electrical sub-consultant for that.
What’s black, white, green & striped all over?
-A Peter Walker landscape.
What do landscape architects call a Brazilian wax?
-A Roberto Burle Marx
Why did the landscape architect cross the road?
-To get to the other bulbout.
Your momma’s so fat she can’t fit in paper space.
-Kobori Enshu who?
-Enshu glad I gave you this borrowed view?November 2, 2009 at 9:00 pm #175339
Check this out:
What a great idea!November 4, 2009 at 4:27 am #175338Keven GrahamParticipant
So Merideth, does this mean you will be doing the opening routine for this years Illinois Holiday Party???
Gil, I like the questionaire..December 16, 2010 at 6:56 pm #175337
This is just ok:
Those darn engineers!December 17, 2010 at 3:08 am #175336Elizabeth RentonParticipant
a lot of this sounds strangely familiar….hahaha!December 17, 2010 at 3:29 am #175335December 18, 2010 at 4:50 am #175334Thomas J. JohnsonParticipant
Oh, snap!December 19, 2010 at 2:33 pm #175333mark fosterParticipant
landscape architect who?
That will require 31/2 hours at $ 175/hr plus printing costs.December 19, 2010 at 7:24 pm #175332Tim ZhangParticipant
Jack Dangermond was named the richest Landscape Architect in America, with a total annual income of $1,800 dollars.December 19, 2010 at 10:34 pm #175331Andrew Garulay, RLAParticipant
Google “job outlook, landscape architect” and you’ll get a list of them.December 20, 2010 at 2:45 am #175330Thomas J. JohnsonParticipant
Bha! Ha, ha, ha, ha… That’s hilarious!
Wait, I don’t get it… must be an inside joke…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.