Landscape Architecture magazine wants to know: How are you coping with the recession?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums RESEARCH Landscape Architecture magazine wants to know: How are you coping with the recession?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jessi Seglar
    Participant

I just got laid off yesterday from EDAW Irvine. While it feels awful being let go, and a lot runs through your mind in these situations, I’m truthfully thankful for the opportunities that lie ahead. The recession trapped me in this corner where I was afraid to seek elsewhere for more beneficial career options because I was in the mindset of “I’m just lucky to be employed right now.”

The recession and resulting layoff has given me a chance to look into Graduate programs, which has been in the back of my mind for a long time. Environmental Science seems like it is the forerunner in program choices right now. However, it’s a little nerve-wracking to research graduate program admission rates and know that a lot of people are out there with the same idea I guess the stiff competition will make the field stronger.

Robert Haught
    Participant

I am looking for work for the first time in 14 years. It seems firms are not hiring.
    Even worse than getting let go, was the 3 months before, when i knew it might be me anytime. I am poorer let happier now? if that can make sense.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register