Landscape Architecture Major

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums EDUCATION Landscape Architecture Major

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeremiah Azurin
    Participant

Hi, I’m a sophomore majoring in geography at Virginia Tech looking to switch into the landscape architecture major. VT has an exceptionally competitive and rigorous LA program that I’m willing to put the time and effort in.

Part of the process is to express exactly how interested we are in the major in the form of an essay. I’m keeping up with different blogs, examining different architects and landscape architects, connecting on sites such as L8L, and conversing with my classmates who are architecture/landscape architecture majors.

My question is: how else can I show “passion” for the major?

I’m interested in the social aspect in LA and how the layout of XYZ can foster a community. Yes, geography or urban planning fits, but I’m fervently set on incorporating a design and somewhat technical aspect into my studies. I’m willing to stay an extra year or two if accepted into this program.

Thanks!

ida
    Participant

Mentioning in your essay who your favorite architects, landscape architects, buildings and/or landscapes are and stating why is also a convincing way to show that you are interested in the subject. Even just mentiong what you want to do is good enough.

Jason Granado
    Participant

Hey I am currently a student at VT in the Masters of landscape program feel free to shoot me a PM, im not in blacksburgh but in alexandria the satelite campus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register