Landscape to Architecture

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nca
    Participant

Has anyone gone from Landscape Architecture to a masters in Architecture? Or something of the sort?

In hindsight, what are your thoughts on the transistion from one to the other as far as work process, etc?

Thanks

-n

Vance W. Hall
    Participant

This is a direction that I would like to pursue. I hope to hear good thinks.
    Thanks for the discussion forum.

Vance

nca
    Participant

I’ve heard varied opinions on the subject of continuing on with a masters in architecture from Landscape. Most have suggested it would not be worthwhile for various reasons. It’s difficult to make a good judgement when the people you ask have the most inflated egos on the planet. I just think I’d like to have a broader range to work within rather than be relegated to just one area- inside or outside the walls. Architectural spaces have always fascinated me just as much as outdoor spaces. The only thing holding me back is that I want to start working, stop accumulating debt, and get on with the work. In short, I feel a little old to continue with even more school and the financial reward may not be congruous with the time and effort.

Roland Beinert
    Participant

Nick,
    Find a copy of a book called Architect? A Candid Guide to the Profession. I kind of wish I’d read this book before I went into LA, since a lot of what the author says is relevant to LA’s as well as architects.
    Even after reading it, I think I’d still like to have both degrees, but, unfortunately, I squandered my youth (and available money from parents) getting two bachelors degrees.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register