LARE Flashcards – Good study tool?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE LARE Flashcards – Good study tool?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Romero
    Participant

Has anyone had experience with the LARE flashcard system by MoMetrix for the Multiple Choice sections? I was thinking of purchasing them and wanted to know if anyone has used these and if they were helpful at all?

Jordan Lockman
    Participant

Did not get the Flashcards, but did buy the book and what was not a huge fan. I have heard that the flash cards are not all accurate. So buyer beware. I would stick to the info that you can glean from the google group and this site. The PPI books are a better choice also. 

Jonathan Romero
    Participant

Great…Thanks! I have some good review session info and study materials but was intrigued to see id these were of value…

Thanks again..

Patricia Fonseca
    Participant

A good alternative is http://www.flashcardmachine.com/.  Just do a search for LARE.  It’s free, plus you can download the iphone app to study on the go.  I haven’t used the LARE flashcards, but I like flashcardmachine specially for studying on the bus while I commute.  Note, these flashcards are not officially curated.  Users just upload them and share.

Jordan Lockman
    Participant

I did use the flashcard machine and found it useful also. You can make your own or share the ones others have made!

Casey Scott
    Participant

Hi all-

I’m a marketing manager for PPI and I happened upon this thread by chance. If you do decide to use PPI exam review materials for the LARE, I wanted to offer you a special discount for being Land8Lounge members. Just use promo code LG50 in the shopping cart on our website (http://www.ppi2pass.com). The promo code is good for individual books and practice exams only-it doesn’t apply to the packages because those are already discounted. Here’s a direct link to all of our LARE review materials: http://ppi2pass.com/shop/lare/lare-review-materials

Hope this helps a bit. I wish you all the best in your exams. If you ever have any questions regarding exam review materials or general FAQ’s about the exams, feel free to contact me via this forum. I’ll do my best to help out.

Thanks~

Casey

Susan G. Anderson
    Participant

The links on your webpage didn’t open so I wasn’t able to review the sample pages.

Casey Scott
    Participant

Hi Susan-

If you’re referring to the PPI website, I wasn’t able to recreate the issue. Which item are you having issues with? Please let me know and I’ll do my best to help.

Thanks-

Susan G. Anderson
    Participant

Casey,

I just attempted it again and was able to open the “Learn More” section under LARE Section D Study Guide. It worked this time.

Thanks for your help.

Susan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register