LARE Florida Section F

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Beatty
    Participant

I am looking for some help with Study Material for the Florida Sec. F. The reference list that they provide is vague and not much help. Can anyone help with some direction??

Thanks,

Jamie Beatty

Dane K. Spencer
    Participant

Jamie,

I’m in the same boat, would like to share info when I come across it. There is a site here: http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Invitation.aspx?e=fd58d805-27f7-444a-8861-bf530b0cb443 that offers study courses in Gainesville.

I’m specifically interested in Section F.

You can reach me at fontleroy@gmx.com Please let me know what you find out as well. -Dane

Mark Lerch
    Participant

I have some materials for Section F that I can send you. Do you have an email? I will send them to you. Mark

Jamie Beatty
    Participant

jnb105@gmail.com

Thanks a Bunch,

Jamie

Jennifer Vanni
    Participant

Two books that I would highly recommend would be Simplified Irrigation and the Face of Florida.

Rob Moehring
    Participant

I am also preparing to sit for the section F exam. I would be interested in available study materials or recommendations for topics to study (I have been to the DBPR website). Thank you.

Kenn Bates, ASLA
    Participant

Hi, all.

I posted the link to this discussion over in the Florida Chapter ASLA Group discussions.
    http://www.land8lounge.com/group/floridachapterasla/forum/topics/lare-discussion-forum

Hopefully, someone from the Chapter Education Committee can help you with materials.

Leigh Ann Lunz
    Participant

Mark,

I am also looking for study materials for section f and found this thread. I was hoping that you wouldn’t mind sending me the information as well. I know that I am writing a few months later but hope you still have the materials. It would be a great help and I would appreciate it very much as I am looking at taking the exam shortly. My email is leighn_810@yahoo.com.

Thank you in advance,
    Leigh Ann

Bradley R. Sikes
    Participant

Mark, I’m in the same boat as well. It appears I missed the study session this past May, and plan on taking the exam in the next month. My email is brs@sikesdesign.net. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jim Del Carpio
    Participant

mark,

can you also send me info on study materials

Thanks

Hi!!! Would it be possible for you to send me the Section F study materials as well??? I’m just beginning to study and will be sitting for this section in just over a month!

Sorry, if possible my email is mwerndli@gmail.com

My name is Melissa Werndli, I’m currently living in Chicago, Illinois but spent that last 5 years working for LandDesign in Tampa, Florida!

Doug Prouty
    Participant

jamie,

Good question! I haven’t even heard from the board if my application has been processed so i can sit for the state section.

The only study material I gathered was from their recommended list. It was a list of books and web site articles that has filled a 3″ 3 ring binder and has put me to sleep many a night! I purchased around 4 books on plants, ecosystems, dunes and coastal plantings but that’s about it.

If you don’t have the list, let me know and I think I can dig it up from their site or I may have saved a copy. Email me at dprouty@atwell-group.com if you’d like.

Good luck!

Christopher Sutton
    Participant

Thanks!!

Andrea Douglas
    Participant

Mark,
    I realize this is kind late, since your post was 8 months ago, but I am also studying for section F and was hoping maybe you still had the study material you were referring to in this post.

My email is amdouglas@email.com

I really appreciate it,

Andrea

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register