LARE Study guides

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Andie Murtha
    Participant

Does anyone know of a good study guide or textbook for the professional practice portion of the registration exam?

Kevin J. Gaughan
    Participant

Andie,

I am sure you have already seen this list, but just in case, here is the list of resources posted by CLARB:
    EXAM RESOURCES

I have not actually started studying for the exam yet, but several people in my office just took the exam and found Ready Set Practice to have good study material.

Also, you should look into The Road to Licensure, apparently it is also a good resource.

When are you thinking of taking the exam? Truthfully, I hear the L.A.R.E reviews, although somewhat boring, are the best sources of study material.

Andie Murtha
    Participant

Thanks!

Carl A Ziegler
    Participant

There is one by Morrison Media, it is more of a book of definitions, but believe it or not it was the most influential for me passing the multiple choice sections, and study Business Law for Landscape Architects, Section A is almost the book directly.
    I would go to a LARE Review for C & E, you usually get alot of practice problems.
    Lastly try the PPI books, they are good to test yourself and see how prepared you might be.

Christine Kerns
    Participant

I’d like to ask where you found a copy of Business Law for Landscape Architects? I can’t find it for sale anywhere on the internet! I already have Ready Set Practice – is it worth trying to locate the Business Law book as well? Thanks!

Cliff Jones
    Participant

“I’d like to ask where you found a copy of Business Law for Landscape Architects? I can’t find it for sale anywhere on the internet! I already have Ready Set Practice – is it worth trying to locate the Business Law book as well? Thanks!”

Christine,
    I tried to locate thus book, but it was no where on the web. I contacted one of the authors, who put me intouch with the publisher, but no luck. It is out of print. Good luck…let me know if you find some copies.

-Cliff

Ryland Fox
    Participant

You should be able to get Business Law for Landscape Architects from the Interlibrary Loan system which allows one to order books through your library from around the world.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlibrary_loan

They have it here:
    http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/ENVI/laconst.html

I work with one of my professors David Spooner with the LARE offered at UGA. He offers 2 sessionsand may be able to provide you with some resource information or ask about the session coming open in the Fall. We have people register from all over… spoonerd@uga.edu

Cliff Jones
    Participant

I attended the above mentioned UGA workshop. Pretty invaluable info. It’s worth it if you can attend.

Eric Gilbey
    Participant

Andie,
    I have instructed the LARE reviews in Ohio since 2000 and St Louis for the last 2 years, and have repeatedly recommended Ready Set Practice, as it really is more apt for studying. I also recommend AIA Glossary of Construction Industry Terms. This has many terms and definitions that might not be as obvious in one place and if there are terms that are similar, you can more quickly compare the terms.
    If you work closely with a landscape contractor (or have some fairly regular contact with one), I would recommend picking their brain about contract procedures and liability. Another great resource is an insurance company that handles liability insurance for design professionals and/or contractors. Remember a decent part of understanding the professional practice is knowing what everyone else’s responsibilities are in a project’s process, even after installation.

I hope this has helped…let me know if you have other questions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register