last minute test info

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amanda Richardson
    Participant

Hey all, studying for Section B that I am taking very soon. Anyone have any last minute advice, study material etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Charwick
    Participant

I am also taking Section B in September. Last one to pass and this is the 3rd time I amunfortunately taking it. I took a review session in Rhode Island and they gave me the following three books to read that should get you in the right direction; Site Planning by Lynch and Hack, Design with Nature by McHarg, and Time Savers Standards. I read the first two and have tried to pull what I can from them. I will go through Time Savers but not with a fine comb. I also bought A Concise Guide to Comm. Planning to read. Not sure how much it will help.

Unfortunately once you take the test you forget half the questions on it, but I remember it being heavy on programming, light on survey questions, and I had studied the sample test, LARE Secrets, and other materials, so hopefully that helps to pass this time.

Hopefully someone will have some other advice. Good luck

Amanda Richardson
    Participant

thanks for the help. I had some friends that recently took it and they read the Concise Guide to Community Planning, Basic elements of Landscape Architecture Design by Booth and Landscape Architecture by Simmonds. I will comb through Design With Nature to see what I can find. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register