Long Island Landscape Architect working in protected spaces

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums SUSTAINABILITY & DESIGN Long Island Landscape Architect working in protected spaces

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim Rumph
    Participant

October 7, 2009 — Famous for it’s beautiful bays and fabulous oceanfront vistas, New York’s Long Island is also prized for its pristine inland waterways and wetlands of both the fresh and salt water varieties.

Working around these bodies of water, says landscape architect and longtime Land Island resident Tim Rumph, RLA, ASLA, requires familiarity with a number of different agencies as well as a clear understanding of myriad rules governing what is (and isn’t) possible.

Of all the roles landscape architects play in enhancing the basic value and character of the areas in which we work, I would argue these days that preserving the health and beauty of natural forms of water and theri associated landscapes might well be the most significantly “green”.

I live and work on New York’s Long Island, which is one of those fortunate places, defined by natural beauty and abundant waterforms. With our pristine wetlands, bays, frshwater ponds, and sand-dune draped ocean vistas, it’s a place that’s long been treasued by redidents and visitors alike.
    disney cartoon characters, xbox 360, confidentiality agreement template download

It’s also a place where I, as a local landscape architect, see my mission as one of creating spaces that please my clients by enhancing their properties while alo fulfilling a responsibility to be a good steward of the environment on their behalf.

WaterShapes Magazine October 2009 – Developeing a True Green Adgenda – Green Verges

http://www.araiysdesign.com

Jay Morgan
    Participant

You may want to gain understanding of Deltalok as related to our waterside Landscape Architecture Practice. Deltalok is the manufacturer and supplier of a green bioengineering methodology and system for building 3 dimensional mechanically interlocked soft vegetated earth-scaping systems for erosion control, retaining walls, slope stability & streambank protection. Deltalok has demonstrated appeal where immediate structural stability and integrity is required and a vegetated outcome is desired.

The Deltalok system employs a unique patented connector to provide 3-d interlocking strength to structures prior to vegetation, which can be accomplished by way of hydroseeding, live plugging, brush layering or live staking. The Deltalok system is an economical and environmentally friendly alternative to hardscaping materials such as gabion baskets, rip-rap, manufactured stone, armourstone or concrete.

I’ve attached a few pictures to illustrate possibilities of Deltalok as Structural Vegetation solution

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register