Looking for an entry-level land designer with coursework/training in subdivision design/master planned communities

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Looking for an entry-level land designer with coursework/training in subdivision design/master planned communities

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I currently work for a firm in Houston where I focus on physical site design, including subdivisions, master planned communities, and town centers.  We are extremely busy and are looking to hire an entry-level physical site planner.  The emphasis is on the planning side of the landscape architecture job.  Ideally, the person should be very familiar with AutoCAD, including plat creation, pad fits, lot design, land plan schematics and be able to take a scanned/inked drawing from me and turn it into a CAD base.  I work extensively in AutoCAD myself but there is so much work I can’t do all of the design AND production anymore.  

I am not going to post the full description on here, but if anyone is interesting in knowing more please send me a private message.  My firm is interested in interviewing/hiring the right person, even if he/she is located outside of Houston.  I cannot comment on relocation expenses at this time, but we all have to start somewhere. 

Finally, can anyone recommend landscape architecture or urban design programs that have more of an emphasis on physical site design/urban design?  I have a non-design planning degree from UIUC but learned a ton about landscape architecture from a K-State landscape architect.  I have also heard great things about LSU grads.  Ideally, I would like to post the formal advertisements on school employment boards in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, and Mississippi.  

Thanks-

Liz Duer
    Participant

There is the job board here on land8 and you could also post on the asla website. I’ve heard if you post on asla you could get over 50 resumes for an entry level job.

Wyatt Thompson, PLA
    Participant

Sounds like you’re in a good position: busy. I think you’ll find K-State graduates would be well equipped for a job like this. I’d definitely recommend getting in touch with someone in the landscape architecture department there. I also know several grads from Iowa State that do very fine work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register