Looking for info on “Central Park” style collective farm on Matsu Island China (straight of Taiwan). Anyone heard of it?

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PLACES & SPACES Looking for info on “Central Park” style collective farm on Matsu Island China (straight of Taiwan). Anyone heard of it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Wynn Hill
    Participant

I have been intrigued by this public/collective garden in the center of a small town on Matsu Island, China.  It was created by the people after the government gave them the permission (which was a great and slightly surprising thing to happen) to construct it and place all their civic buildings around it.  It was very consciously designed and very well cared for.  I have found very little information about it (most of my photos coming from a traveller who posted on Flickr).  Anyone know anything about this place?  I appreciate it!

You will not find this garden if you search in China, as Matsu Island belongs to the Republic of China, also known as Taiwan. It’s located in Nangan Township, close to the Nangan Airport, and Marina.

http://www.matsu-nsa.gov.tw/user/Attraction-Content.aspx?a=245&l=2

Regards from China

Andreas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register