Louisiana State Exam – Plant Materials

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Louisiana State Exam – Plant Materials

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Blackburn
    Participant

Has anyone recently taken the Louisiana Landscape Architecture Exam on Plant Material?  I grew up in Louisiana but did not go to school there.  I have been told to study Odenwald’s book but it has over 700 plants.  Can anyone narrow this down a bit for me?  Any information that you have that will help me study for this test is greatly appreciated!

Brad Tackett
    Participant

No I haven’t taken it, but I understand that it’s a field identification test. Let me know what you find out as I am interested in taking that as well since we do a lot of work down there.

Richard Longman
    Participant

Brad and Elizabeth, send me your email address and I send you the plant list I had back in grad school in the 80’s.

Elizabeth Blackburn
    Participant

Thank you so much Richard. My e-mail address is elizabeth@mcfallblackburn.com.

Jason Bobowski
    Participant

I’m hoping to revive this old thread to see if there might be any new information available that helps narrow down the plant material tested on the Louisiana State Exam? I’ll be signing up to take the test this year and would appreciate any help I can get on this. I currently practice in New England so the plant palette (and plant manual) of Louisiana is a little intimidating. Thanks in advance!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register