Louisiana state exam

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul Laseter
    Participant

Does anyone have any material they could share for the Louisiana state licensing exam? I have seen posts regarding plant lists from those who have attended school at LSU, so I was hoping to narrow my studying down from the 600 page in the reference book. Also, does anyone know what material is covered on the indoor portion of the exam? Statutes, laws, more plants, etc?
    Thanks for any assistance

Adam McGovern
    Participant

I graduated from LSU in 2005 and took and passed the LA section about a year and a half ago, after being away from louisiana for 3 years, and without studying or refreshing myself on any plants. The written portion was mainly still just about plants and their uses. Nothing really on statues, laws or professional practice even. The outside identification portion was done walking around campus for an hour or so, just like the plant quizzes we took in school. I have heard of previous exams doing the identification portion off-campus at the State Agriculture Building.

You get the correct plant ID answers at the end of the walk, so I figured I probably only got about 70% correct walking around. As far as material to study from….I didn’t have any. I just showed up and took it with absolutely no preparation and passed it. It’s free, so thats a plus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register