makeover garden tv show

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Itonk
    Participant

What do you think about makeover garden tv show?

Trace One
    Participant

Been done, at least here in the US, but certainly NOT done well..A house close to me was chosen – the installed landscape was definitely designed by Wal-mart or Home Depot or something..I think this is a great idea, if one could just reach a little higher in terms of garden quality.

Jon Quackenbush
    Participant

I’d be much more interested in a show illustrating and demonstrating how to achieve optimal ‘Sustainable Sites’ credits in both residential and commercial/municipal settings. Education on the topic is paramount to advancing the cause of stewardship because it gives face to the concept and doesn’t just parrot talking points about how important it is while what it looks like remains nebulous in the minds of the rest of us.

That is what I want to see. “Gardens” are so overdone as shows and books.

Trace One
    Participant

I agree, Jon, any show worth it’s salt should have a sustainable requirement…Might be fun to have star designers taking whacks at a site, although it might be beneath them…But it would be fun to see Martha Schwartz, Edwina von Gal, Olin, Jim corner… taking quick conceptual stabs at the same problem, talking it through on camera…

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

There used to be a dude that had his own show, he had landscape company who did it in Florida on some higher end homes. No compromise on budget or silly “theme” items. The guy just showed what he did everyday. The design was not my cup of tea, but it was very infomative. Those makeover shows do just a good enough job so it looks okay on the camera, but they pretty much just tape things together, and the workmanship is horrible. They have a budget of like $1000 for the whole yard.

I like the idea of getting some “star” landscape architects to design something, kind of like a “Top Chef Masters” for LA. It might be entertaining to show some of these guys out of their element. Maybe even have them share a space and see what they come up with. Might be fun to see it as an ASLA convention project, in the middle of the show floor (akin to the Philly Flower Show) Maybe even a project similar to Millenium Park in Chicago, with a different team responsible for a small part of it.

Itonk
    Participant

actually, I’m interested in creating makeover garden tv show, but I’m looking for point of interest of the show…
    basic concepts of the show is how to create a garden from nothing become something for your home…it’s a kind simple show and host of the show must be team of landscape architect…

Trace One
    Participant

I vounteer to be ‘point of interest!’
    🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register