Method for analyze competencies for students that have graduate as a Landscape architect or Horticulturist

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums RESEARCH Method for analyze competencies for students that have graduate as a Landscape architect or Horticulturist

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Amer Skrobo
    Participant

Hello everyone 

I am doing my graduate thesis and I am looking for some research or book which could help me to find out the competencies that students have achieved during their study.I want to do that research for my faculty.

Any kind of suggestion would be helpful.

Tosh K
    Participant

Not sure what you’re looking for – it’s nearly impossible to do a universal assessment.  Even license exams aren’t that thorough.  You’d be asking to test: horticulture knowledge, grading, drainage, materials, detailing, specifications, software, office standards, writing, codes, erosion sediment control, design, drawing, modeling, etc, etc, etc.

Best way most faculty keep track is by staying in touch with firms that hire their alumni – most faculty know which students are good in their eyes, asking seasoned professionals helps figure out what the alumni learned in school and what they’re missing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register