Middle East Landscape Architect Vacancies??

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Middle East Landscape Architect Vacancies??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael Goode
    Participant

I am looking to relocate to the Middle East and find work as a Landscape Architect.  I am currently practicing as a Chartered Landscape Architect in the UK for a large international company and have 7/8 years experience.  I would be grateful if anyboby on this site could pass on any helpful information in making this happen.

Many thanks,

Michael

Ernst Glaeser
    Participant

Dear Michael,

The most important thing is that you take the initiative into your own hands. Have a comprehensive CV ready, ideally for manufactured to suit a few job openings. Make up your mind which your favorite countries would be and where you don’t want to go at all. Read up on internet about the countries and the hardship factors; ask your partner in life and the off springs. Don’t ask your bank.

7 to 8 years is a mid level LA position (senior starts past 10 years) when you work in the MENA region.  Not more and not less. Country with the most offers right now is Saudi, followed by Qatar. Dubai and Abu Dhabi are very slowly catching up again. There is also work in Oman, Bahrain, and Egypt.

All major job agents are on the hunt. LA respectively LE jobs are with Developers, PM/CM consultants, Site Supervision Consultants, and landscape contractors, as well as with local and governmental institutions.

It looks as if each developer invents its own terminology and titles. Just study the job description and read in between the lines. A lot is fabricated.

An alternative would be Far East, China is also searching.

If you need more, try contacting me again, might be able to drop a few names.

Reg

Ernst

Michael Goode
    Participant

Ernst,

Many thanks for your response. I currently have a detailed CV which i have forwarded and lodged with a number of UAE based recruitment companies however to date I have found that they are not very reliable at responding which has led me to lose faith in them.  I am now considering approaching companies directly.  A friend of mine worked in Qatar for a period of time so i have a feel for what life is like out there.  If you could drop a few names it would be very useful.

Thanks,

Michael

Aris Basa
    Participant

You can reach Paimon for current LA requirement.

Paimon Hamed

Consultant – Qatar

Engage Selection

Office:   00974 4016 0943

Mobile: 00974 3361 5662

http://www.engageselection.com

Paimon.Hamed@engageselection.com

Michael Goode
    Participant

Many thankd Aris.  Funny you mention Paimon, i was in contact with him this morning.

Aris Basa
    Participant

Its a small world indeed 😉 wish you luck in your job hunt. Hope to see you around Doha soon.

Victoria Mancini
    Participant

Michael,

A friend of mine just finished a temporary but successful stint in Bahrain working at Landscape Solutions Consultancy. You can find more information about the firm on their website http://landscapesolutions-me.com/

Let me know if you would like me to make an introduction.

Cheers, and good luck!

Victoria

Michael Goode
    Participant

Thanks Victoria.  That would be great if you could make an introduction as it would be good to talk to a few people who have made the move.  I am looking more towards Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar though.

Michael

Ernst Glaeser
    Participant

AECOM posted a job you may be interested in: Senior Urban Designer/ Planner in Qatar – Doha

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register