MLA accredited or not by ASLA

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums EDUCATION MLA accredited or not by ASLA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chunling Wu
    Participant

Hello, everyone,

I’m applying MLA Program. Several LA programs of universities didn’t accredited by ASLA. I’d like to ask what the difference is between these programs. Is it possible to take registration exam without an unaccredited degree? If I will recieve a good school admission without accredtition and a lower school admission with accreditation. Do you guys have any advice?

Thank you

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Look at the LA registration rules for the state(s) that you want to get licensed in. Most require an accredited degree or a very long internship of six or more years without an accredited degree.

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Stay with the accredited if it is your first professional degree. Andrew is correct, when you go to get licensed, it makes a huge difference. Some states won’t allow you to take the exam for a decade if you don’t have the accredited degree. If you already have an accredited undergrad degree, it doesn’t matter, as you only need one accredited degree. One question you should ask is why the program is not accredited, and if they intend to become accredited.

Jordan Lockman
    Participant

I know someone that has been fighting terrible battle with the state board trying to get a license, because his degree was not accredited.

Chunling Wu
    Participant

Thank you for the answers.

I’m an international student so that I don’t have American accredited degree for undergraduate. There are only 67 accredited universities including BLA and MLA in US. Not considering TOP schools like Harvard and UPenn and the ones in the areas I don’t really like, I didn’t have many choices left. The fact is I have recieved an addmission from an accredited school in Texas, but it’s not on my top list. Meanwhile I still expect an addmision or offer from a better universities and reduce risks of rejection…like Clemson,etc. 

Now another relative question is coming up: Is Foreigner allowed to take registration tests?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register