More fodder for the ‘landscape architecture identitiy crisis’ conversation

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION More fodder for the ‘landscape architecture identitiy crisis’ conversation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tanya Olson
    Participant

Eloquently voiced description of what we do. Some think we have an identity crisis – but it sure doesn’t sound like it to me.

http://www.swjournal.com/index.php?&story=18893&page=152&category=64

wish the article was longer…

landplanner
    Participant

One of the best and way-too-brief attempts I have read that successfully gets across, in a clear, concise (short!) compelling way, the wide spectrum of skills and talents our profession calls for and demands. 

Thanks for sharing this. 

Alan Ray, RLA
    Participant

For those confused among us, please remember this:

Architects design indoor spaces.

Landscape  architects design outdoor spaces.

Next question…….

Leslie B Wagle
    Participant

It was good (although I don’t think many of us work across all the variety of challenges he mentioned; the whole body of us may do that)….however, there is a risk to encouraging people to think “if it’s outside, it was designed by a landscape architect.” We think we’re under-recognized, which is true, but I’ve seen rants and raves about awful things that someone in the public attributed to us, and nope, it was created by someone in another field entirely. I don’t know the solution to that last problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register