New level of certification for LEED

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION New level of certification for LEED

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Roland Beinert
    Participant

According to the Treehugger website, LEED has introduced a new level of certification: Proactinium. In order to qualify for the standard, building designers must commit to a lifetime of celibacy and staff the building exclusively with doe-eyed orphans from third world countries. The building must be a net CO2 sink, producing more oxygen than it consumes. Any bamboo used in construction must be certified panda-free. In the event that straw bale construction is used, the straw must be free-range, sustainably harvested straw.

The building must also levitate above the ground to preserve the site for future use. Only free-range, sustainably harvested electromagnets may be used to levitate the building. The electromagnets should also give back 10% of their energy to levitate doe-eyed orphans in third world countries.

And on a topic that has nothing to do with the rest of what I’m posting, happy April 1st.

Boilerplater
    Participant

Nicely done!  I’m so glad I put my money in free-range electromagnet futures!

Roland Beinert
    Participant

Yes, of course. Mostly on the physics of electromagnetism. Start studying.

Trace One
    Participant

very funny Roland! I think you forgot the unobtanium that will circulate through the virtual air-waves harvesting any bad energy and transmitting it to the architects in the parallel universe..

I actually read that whole thing. Ya got me..along with NPR’s story about embryos getting DNA tests for pre-school admissions in Manhattan..

..I was outraged, for the whole thing..

there’s a sucker born every day, in my world!

Heather Smith
    Participant

hahah…I thought they had changed the standards and was rolling my eyes. haha. I think I should create my own standard. Thanks for the laugh.

George McNair
    Participant

Yeah, I have been cracking the books too……………….really up on the magnets.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register