Not Your Grandmother’s Landscape: Abu Dhabi Plaza

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PLACES & SPACES Not Your Grandmother’s Landscape: Abu Dhabi Plaza

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ernst Glaeser
    Participant

Hi now the file as promissed

Ernst Glaeser
    Participant

Another landscape friend of mine commented: “Hello stranger  – great article on martha  – thanks   – saw it on the weekend  – I was in Abu dhabi  – its is a parterre garden – viewed only from above  – and not used” 

Trace One
    Participant

Then why do the perspectives have so many happy children and dogs, if it if for looking at only? why benches at all?

I do not like this, S.I.Am, I do not like this tortured plan.

Tosh K
    Participant

Weren’t the mounds rebuilt?  They looked great the last few times I’ve been out there.  Something about the soil mix on foam was the problem as I recall – that Mpls project did have a very low budget.

Tosh K
    Participant

We looked at a lot of plants in the region when we worked out there.  The palette is limited, but there’s stuff that works in that climate (hot and somewhat humid).

Mark Di Lucido
    Participant

Put me on the side of those who don’t like it. Seems contrived, fussy, the paving pattern doesn’t appear to have logic and the many motifs don’t strongly support the overall concept. If the trees ever get large there may be enough shade so the granite benches aren’t 130 deg. but till then you’ll never see my tush on them. Hope they don’t have pigeons in Abu Dhabi–they really love to roost in Indian fig trees.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register