Outdoor exercise during an interview

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Outdoor exercise during an interview

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniela Romanelli
    Participant

Hi! In a few days I’ll have an interview for a landscape consultant position and they told me that this will include a short outdoor exercise and assessment. You have an idea of what might ask me? Thank you!

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

I would assume that they will assume the role of a client and have you assume the role of consultant on a real site to get a sense of your abilities or potential. It may have a lot more to do with looking at your communication skills and your projection of confidence than specific knowledge. A consultant has to appear confident.

Daniela Romanelli
    Participant

Thank you Andrew!

Socorro Gonzalez
    Participant

Hello,

They will mainly want to check your convincing skill that how you convince or suggest the clients a proper landscaping ideas for their locality.

You should go through some landscaping sites to know about the prime services offered for landscaping.

You need to gather at least basic ideas for landscaping and be confident while giving your ideas at the time of interview.

Hope these ideas will help you.

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Some might look for your ability to convince. Others may be more interested in your ability to facilitate discussion to draw out information pertinent to custom design for the particular client.

It depends on the firm and how they do business. Some are sales first, some are design first. It is just as important to understand your potential employer when going into an interview as it is to understand your client going into a design. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register