Photoshop vs Photoshop Elements

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Erin Porter
    Participant

What are the practical differences between Photoshop and Photoshop Elements besides the pricetag?

I have used photoshop at work for a long time and am very comfortable with the program. I would like to get photoshop or photoshop elements for use at home but I am not sure whats “missing” in Elements.

Thanks!

David Barbarash
    Participant

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/f/elementscompare.htm

Here’s a link listing the differences between the two programs. It’s up to you to decide whether the missing features would affect your workflow. For me, the lack of quickmasks, adjustment layers, and recordable custom actions is a serious dealbreaker.

Erin Porter
    Participant

Thanks, That article also provided a link to download a trial version of elements. This might be the best way to try it out and see what I miss.

Thanks again.

Ryan A. Waggoner
    Participant

Hey Erin,

I had photoshop at work and elements at home and I really didn’t mind the differences because I wasn’t trying to use photoshops for it’s full effects.  What did bother me was working with the layers on elements, always had a problem with that…

Jon Quackenbush
    Participant

You can get a version of CS3 on eBay for $300 if you are patient.  I’d go that route.

G. Ryan Smith
    Participant

elements is bare bones. use it for basic organizing and editing (cropping, etc), it has a few additional features like some filters, but if you are using it for anything more sophisticated… forget about it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register