Plant selection…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gülçin B.
    Participant

What are the showy shrub species around the artificial waterfalls? I use which types? Need to be flashy and eye-catching.The area will be sloped and waterfalls on both sides of the plan. I place you in the middle part of the plant. Can you help me? 

mark foster
    Participant

The challenge with planting along artificial waterfalls is using plants which look like they are water edge plants, but are actually in an micro environment which is not all that wet.  I don’t know your plant zone is, but I would suggest plants which take a somewhat dryer environment and which mimic those in the more moist environment of a natural feature.  

Gülçin B.
    Participant

thank you 🙂

Nicholas Young
    Participant

If you want sometime showy, as in colourful I would plant an ixora coccinea, or hybiscus species. It would also be my suggestion to definately get some ficus primula over the fake rocks, this will definatly make more realistic. If colour was not your thing than i would go a colocasia (elephants ear plant) which once estamblished should look cool with a bit of the water drops running over the top and cascading down the plant as well.

All these suggestions or based on the perfect site that i have pictured in my head, you may have to keep other enviromental factors in mind.   Good luck, Post a pic if ya can.

Gülçin B.
    Participant

thank you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register