Planting 1:1 slope on structure?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nca
    Participant

Possible? Sure, must be, right?

I want to plant a 1:1 or steeper slope, but I dont like the look of planting pockets as in green/living wall systems. I was hoping to plant something like Blue Grama and that once established the root system would help hold the soil.

This is a very small structure. Thoughts?

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Use a curb just below the soil surface.

nca
    Participant

I was thinking of some sort of ‘subsurface channel’ sort of like masonry wall ties and/or establishing the planting before installing on the finished structure, maybe even a subsurface wire mesh, sound like a good plan?

Jason T. Radice
    Participant

Well, the thing with Blue Gramma, you will need at least a deep semi-intinsive, if not a full blown intensive green roof. Prarie grasses, which Blue Grama is, have deep roots to hunt for water. It is heavy soil because it needs organics, which hold water. You need to have a support to act as mini retaining walls, so there will be “fins” that extend vertically from the roof. There are tons of different ways to do it, and not knowing the details of the install, its kind of hard to comment it.

I know you said you didn’t like plant pockets, but this seems like a good system for what you want to do . 

http://celltekdirect.com/gallery-photos.cfm?c=5D677E32-3048-71C2-1756E3655FB6A636   

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register