Plants for renderings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Nelsen
    Participant

Hi all,
    Just curious if anyone knows of a good source for free or relatively cheap plant materials. I can understand that most of these models are complex to make, but being a student, I can’t afford many of the plant packages that are available. I mainly use the 3d warehouse in sketchup to find plant materials but there is a very limited supply of bushes. I am currently working in sketchup and 3d studio max.
    Thanks for any leads!

Jon

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

As a member of Land8Lounge, you can get a 25% discount to FormFonts 3D. If you do not want to pay, then The Exchange is completely free.

Hope this helps…

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Ya, Graphic Sketchbook is a good one for 2D images with a hand-rendered look.

Jonathan Nelsen
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for the leads…
    I guess I am looking for any plant materials, both 2d or 3d, I have mostly worked in sketchup and have used both 2d face me components, as well as fully 3d. I am working in 3d studio more these days and looking more for plants that would work on there. Thanks again for the help!

Jon

nca
    Participant

I actually think its worth the hundred bucks or so to purchase a decent library online. It’s about the cost of a textbook, if you think about it. Dosch is pretty much the standard for 2d and 3d entourage these days. At CSU we had gigs upon gis of entourage material floating around on hard drives and cd’s. It might not hurt to ask some studio or office cohorts to chip in on a library to share.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register