Post industrial landscapes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Abigail Joustra
    Participant

I am currently doing some research on post industrial landscapes…. I am looking for some useful theory and case studies, if anyone has anything interesting they would like to share. That would be great!

david maynes
    Participant

Check out Peter Latz’ work – Emscher Park/Duisborg Nord in particular. Niall Kirkwood from Harvard has written a couple books on the subject as well.

Good luck!

Andrew Spiering
    Participant

Hi Abigail,

Jeff Gonot is doing a series on our blog right now on the “Forgotten Landscape”.  Check out his latest post here: http://www.land8.net/blog/2012/02/07/rebirth-of-the-forgotten-landscape-part-two/

I hope this helps!

April Maly
    Participant

I just finished my LA degree at Rutgers where my teacher Wolfram Hoefer’s research is all about post industrial.  He runs a summer studio to Germany where we visit a number of post industrial sites including Duisborg Nord and he worked for Peter Latz.  He has a bunch of published articles, but I would suggest shooting him an email.  He is super friendly, very supportive of students, and could point you in a concrete direction.. his email is.. whoefer@sebs.rutgers.edu

Abigail Joustra
    Participant

Thanks for all the support and quick replies. I am looking into what has been raised, thanks again. Thanks April for the details I will be in contact with him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register